Expression of Interest for Multi-Year Impact Grants
This grant stream is now closed for 2023; please check back again in early 2024.
Multi-Year Impact Grants are for organizations with demonstrable and sustainable social impact. These grants support charities to go beyond what is currently possible—to deepen their social impact or to scale proven results—not simply to maintain what has been done. The funding is unrestricted and may be used to build the charity’s capacity to deliver services and measure the effectiveness of the work.
The deadline for submission of the EOI was 21st of April 2023. Expressions of Interest will be considered by the Foundation Donation Committee in May and decisions communicated to all applicants by the 1st of June 2023. Charities invited to the second stage will be asked to meet to discuss their application and schedule a site visit, if appropriate. You may also be asked to provide more information in the form of existing policies, evaluations reports etc. Second stage applications will be considered by the Foundation Donation Committee in November and decisions communicated to all applicants by December 1st. Charities are invited to send their Expressions of Interest to email@example.com.
Before starting an application, please ensure that your charity meets the Eligibility Criteria.
- Name of organization
- CRA charitable number
- Contact details (contact name, address, email, telephone)
- Brief description of organization (mission, vision, specific area of focus)
- Link to website if applicable
- The ages and numbers of youth impacted by this work
- Impact grants are to support charities to go beyond what is currently possible, not simply maintain what has been done. This may be to deepen social impact or to scale proven results.
- Please provide evidence of your current social impact. If you have a separate impact report, please indicate this and attach it to your application.
- Please describe how this grant will help your organization to deepen and/or scale your social impact.
- The funding is unrestricted and may be used to build your charity’s capacity to deepen or expand your work. Please indicate the amount and duration of funding you are requesting from the Foundation and rationale for the amount.
- Tell us about your financial management systems. If you have an existing document which describes your systems, you may include this with your application.
- Include a brief description of your senior leadership team, a bio of your Executive Director/CEO and bios of your directors (if these exist on your website you may indicate this and insert the link).
- Please tell us about any existing or prior relationships with any member of the Werklund family, the Werklund Foundation or the Werklund group of companies.
- Attachments: Please include your latest financial statements, annual/impact report, and current strategic plan.
If you would like to discuss your application, please email Kathleen to set up a short conversation. Please ensure that you have read through all the information on the website to enable an informed discussion.